Realizing High-Performance Li/Na-Ion Half/Full Batteries via the Synergistic Coupling of Nano-Iron Sulfide and S-doped Graphene
- Haridas, Anupriya K.; Sadan, Milan K.; Kim, Huihun; Heo, Jungwon; Kim, Sun Sik; Choi, Chang-Ho; Jung, Hyun Young; Ahn, Hyo-Jun; Ahn, Jou-Hyeon
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- batteries; electrode materials; long-term cycling; nanoarchitecture; S-doping
- CHEMSUSCHEM, v.14, no.8, pp.1936 - 1947
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Iron sulfide (FeS) anodes are plagued by severe irreversibility and volume changes that limit cycle performances. Here, a synergistically coupled hybrid composite, nanoengineered iron sulfide/S-doped graphene aerogel, was developed as high-capacity anode material for Li/Na-ion half/full batteries. The rational coupling of in situ generated FeS nanocrystals and the S-doped rGO aerogel matrix boosted the electronic conductivity, Li+/Na+ diffusion kinetics, and accommodated the volume changes in FeS. This anode system exhibited excellent long-term cyclability retaining high reversible capacities of 422 (1100 cycles) and 382 mAh g(-1) (1600 cycles), respectively, for Li+ and Na+ storage at 5 A g(-1). Full batteries designed with this anode system exhibited 435 (FeS/srGOA||LiCoO2) and 455 mAh g(-1) (FeS/srGOA||Na0.64Co0.1Mn0.9O2). The proposed low-cost anode system is competent with the current Li-ion battery technology and extends its utility for Na+ storage.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 융합기술공과대학 > Department of Energy Engineering > Journal Articles
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.