Magnetic Steel Slag Biochar for Ammonium Nitrogen Removal from Aqueous Solutionopen access
- Kim, Gyuhyeon; Kim, Youngmo; Kim, Sumin; Cho, Hyunuk; Park, Jongmoon
- Issue Date
- magnetic biochar; steel slag; ammonium nitrogen; adsorption; magnetic properties
- ENERGIES, v.14, no.9
- Journal Title
- In this study, magnetic steel slag biochar (MSSB) was synthesized from low-cost steel slag waste to investigate the effectiveness of steel slag biochar composite for NH4-N removal and magnetic properties in aqueous solution. The maximum adsorption capacity of NH4-N by MSSB was 4.366 mg/g according to the Langmuir model. The magnetic properties of MSSB indicated paramagnetic behavior and a saturation magnetic moment of 2.30 emu/g at 2 Tesla. The NH4-N adsorption process was well characterized by the pseudo-second order kinetic model and Temkin isotherm model. This study demonstrated the potential of magnetic biochar synthesized from steel slag waste for NH4-N removal in aqueous solution.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > Department of Marine Environmental Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.