Evaluation of Electrochemical Stability of Graphite Current Collector for Electric Double Layer Capacitor Based on Acid Electrolyte
- Park, Sijin; An, Geon-Hyoung
- Issue Date
- MATERIALS RESEARCH SOC KOREA
- energy material; electric double layer capacitor; electrolyte; graphite current collector
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH, v.31, no.5, pp.272 - 277
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH
- Start Page
- End Page
- Owing to its low cost, easy fabrication process, and good ionic properties, aqueous supercapacitors are under strong consideration as next-generation energy storage devices. However, the limitation of the current collector is its poor electrochemical stability, leading to low energy storage performance. Therefore, a reasonable design of the current collector and the acidic electrolyte is a necessary, as well as interfacial engineering to enhance the electrochemical performance. In the present study, graphite foil, with excellent electrochemical stability and good electrical properties, is suggested as a current collector of aqueous supercapacitors. This strategy results in excellent electrochemical performance, including a high specific capacitance of 215 F g(-1) at a current density of 0.1 A g(-1), a superior high-rate performance (104 F g(-1) at a current density of 20.0 A g(-1)), and a remarkable cycling stability of 98 % at a current density of 10.0 A g(-1) after 9,000 cycles. The superior energy storage performance is mainly ascribed to the improved ionic diffusion ability during cycling.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 융합기술공과대학 > Department of Energy Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.