Investigation of the Effect of Mixing Time on the Mechanical Properties of Alkali-Activated Cement Mixed with Fly Ash and Slagopen access
- Kim, Taewan; Kang, Choonghyun
- Issue Date
- slag; fly ash; mixing method; high alkali environment; mixing time
- MATERIALS, v.14, no.9
- Journal Title
- This is an experiment on the effect of mixing time for alkali-activated cement (AAC) using a binder mixed with ground granulated blast furnace slag (slag) and fly ash (FA) in a ratio of 1:1 on the mechanical properties. The mixing method of ASTM C305 was used as the basic mixing method, and the following mixing method was changed. Simply adding the same mixing time and procedure, the difference in the order of mixing slag and FA, and controlling the amount of activator and mixed water were considered. As a result of the experiment, the addition of the same mixing time and procedure, pre-injection of slag, and high-alkali mixed water in which half of the activator and mixing water were mixed showed the highest mechanical properties and a dense pore structure. As a result, the design of a blending method that can promote the activation action of slag rather than FA at room temperature was effective in improving the mechanical properties of AAC. In addition, these blending factors showed a clearer effect as the concentration of the activator increased. Through the results of this experiment, it was shown that high-temperature curing, high fineness of the binder, or even changing the setting of the mixing method without the use of excessive activators can lead to an improvement of mechanical properties.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 해양토목공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.