Behavior Characteristics of Single Batter Pile under Vertical Loadopen access
- Kim, Jiseong; Yun, Seong-Kyu; Kang, Minsu; Kang, Gichun
- Issue Date
- batter pile; vertical load; bearing capacity
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL, v.11, no.10
- Journal Title
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL
- The purpose of this study is to grasp the behavior characteristics of a single batter pile under vertical load by performing a model test. The changes in the resistance of the pile, the bending moment, etc. by the slope of the pile and the relative density of the ground were analyzed. According to the results of the test, when the relative density of the ground was medium and high, the bearing capacity kept increasing when the angle of the pile moved from a vertical position to 20 degrees, and then decreased gradually after 20 degrees. The bending moment of the pile increased as the relative density of the ground and the batter angle of the pile increased. The position of the maximum bending moment came closer to the ground surface as the batter angle of the pile further increased, and it occurred at a point of 5.2 similar to 6.7 times the diameter of the pile from the ground surface.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Civil Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.