Development and Verification of Indirect Lightning-Induced Transient Protection Circuit for Avionics System
- Kim, Sung-Yeon; Park, Jeong-Su; Lee, Wang-Sang
- Issue Date
- APPLIED COMPUTATIONAL ELECTROMAGNETICS SOC
- Indirect lightning; lightning induced transient; lightning protection; pin injection test; RTCA DO-160G Sec. 22
- APPLIED COMPUTATIONAL ELECTROMAGNETICS SOCIETY JOURNAL, v.36, no.6, pp.670 - 675
- Journal Title
- APPLIED COMPUTATIONAL ELECTROMAGNETICS SOCIETY JOURNAL
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this paper, an indirect lightning-induced transient protection circuit for avionics system is proposed, and its effectiveness is verified. The proposed circuit consists of a metal oxide varistor (MOV), a transient voltage suppression (TVS) diode, and a resistor. Compared with the conventional circuits (MOV or TVS diode), the improved noise suppression of the proposed circuit against indirect lightning strikes are experimentally verified in accordance with radio technical commission for aeronautics (RTCA) DO-160G Sec. 22. The highest attenuation levels of indirect lightning strike WF5A reference voltage and current signals are approximately 91.0% and approximately 98.4% for the input lightning signals, respectively.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.