A Study on the Energy Reduction Measures of Data Centers through Chilled Water Temperature Control and Water-Side Economizeropen access
- Kim, Yu-Jin; Ha, Ju-Wan; Park, Kyung-Soon; Song, Young-Hak
- Issue Date
- data center; chilled water temperature; water-side economizer; energy cut-off; HVAC
- ENERGIES, v.14, no.12
- Journal Title
- The degree of integration of IT devices and consumption of cooling energy are consistently increasing owing to developments in the data center industry. Hence, to ensure the smooth operation and fault prevention of IT devices, the energy consumption of cooling systems has increased, leading to active research on improvements in cooling system performance for reducing energy consumption. This study examines the reduction in cooling energy consumption using a simulation by applying chilled water control and a water-side economizer (WSE) system to enhance the cooling system efficiency. The simulation results showed that the energy consumption was reduced by 1.8% when the chilled water temperature was set to 11 degrees C in a conventional system and by up to 19.6% when WSE was also applied. Furthermore, when the changes in chilled water temperature were applied for efficient operation of WSE, the energy consumption was reduced by up to 30.1% compared to that in conventional energy systems.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > School of Architectural Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.