Large-Area Bernal-Stacked Bilayer Graphene Film on a Uniformly Rough Cu Surface via Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Son, Myungwoo; Jang, Jaewon; Kim, Gi-Hwan; Lee, Ji-Hwan; Chun, Dong Won; Bae, Jee-Hwan; Kim, In S.; Ham, Moon-Ho; Chee, Sang-Soo
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- bilayer graphene; Bernal-stacking; bandgap; CH4 pre-annealing; uniformly rough Cu surface; diffusion barrier
- ACS APPLIED ELECTRONIC MATERIALS, v.3, no.6, pp.2497 - 2503
- Journal Title
- ACS APPLIED ELECTRONIC MATERIALS
- Start Page
- End Page
- Herein, we introduced surface modification of a Cu catalyst by employing CH4 pre-annealing, which changed the uniformly rough Cu surface; this resulted in formation of high-quality and uniform Bernal-stacked bilayer graphene as well as monolayer graphene due to controlled synthesis time. A well-designed Cu surface was developed for synthesis of bilayer graphene with high coverage (>95%) and a high Bernal-stacking ratio (similar to 99%). Dual-gated transistors of Bernal-stacked bilayer graphene showed typical tunable transfer characteristics under varying gate voltages with carrier mobilities of 1000-2000 cm(2) V-1 s(-1). Through density functional theory calculations, we demonstrated that a uniformly rough Cu surface is favorable for synthesis of Bernal-stacked bilayer graphene. Finally, we employed bilayer graphene as a perfect diffusion barrier facilitated by complementing the diffusion pathway of numerous grain boundaries in graphene.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.