Enhancement of Dielectric Properties via Crystal Structure and Microstructure Control in the (K0.5Na0.5)NbO3-SrTiO3 Systemopen access
- Lee, Seong Eun; Kwon, Jun-Hyeong; Moon, Kyoung-Seok
- Issue Date
- KOREAN INST METALS MATERIALS
- sodium potassium niobate; microstructure; solid solution; crystal structure; dielectric property
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF METALS AND MATERIALS, v.59, no.7, pp.499 - 504
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF METALS AND MATERIALS
- Start Page
- End Page
- Solid solutions and composites of a mixture of (K0.5Na0.5)NbO3 (KNN) and SrTiO3 (ST) were respectively synthesized by different process routes using a conventional solid state reaction. All starting materials were mixed simultaneously and calcined at 800 degrees C for 4 h to obtain the solid solutions of KNN-ST. Meanwhile, the composites of KNN-ST were obtained by mixing the synthesized KNN and synthesized ST, respectively. KNN-ST calcined powders were sintered at 1150, 1250 and 1300 degrees C for 2 h. The calcined powders, in which all starting materials were mixed at once, showed a single-phase pseudo-cubic structure after sintering. On the other hand, the powders with the mixture of KNN and ST had two phases of cubic ST and orthorhombic KNN as composites. The dielectric loss values of all samples decreased as the sintering temperature increased because of increased densification. The dielectric constants of the solid solutions were increased as the sintering temperature increased, however, the dielectric constants of the composites decreased with increasing sintering temperature. It was concluded that, for enhanced dielectric properties, the dielectric materials should be synthesized as solid solutions.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.