Residents' Perception of a Collaborative Approach with Artists in Culture-Led Urban Regeneration: A Case Study of the Changdong Art Village in Changwon City in Koreaopen access
- Baek, Yoonjee; Jung, Changmu; Joo, Heesun
- Issue Date
- culture-led urban regeneration; artist engagement; resident participation; Changdong Art Village; comparative analysis
- SUSTAINABILITY, v.13, no.15
- Journal Title
- This study asserts that the higher the degree of artists' and residents' participation in a culture-led renewal project, the higher the level of residents' satisfaction. Engaging artist groups and introducing cultural programs can facilitate building a collaborative network between artists and residents. This paper adopts an experimental study method and defines the experimental and control groups as follows: the experimental group (Changwon city) has relatively high artist participation, and the control group (Sacheon, Gimhae, Miryang cities) have relatively low artist involvement. Multiple regression analysis was conducted utilizing 192 valid survey data in R studio software. The significant variables were compared between the experimental group (Model 1) and the control group (Model 2). As a result, the relative effects of "1. experience (or amount) of residents' participation in urban renewal programs", "2. reflection of residents' opinions", and "3. neighborly trust" on "residents' satisfaction with urban regeneration projects and expected outcomes" was shown to be greater in the experimental group. The result implies that the involvement of cultural entities and the operation of arts programs increase residents' will to participate in renewal projects and to build neighborly trust. Further, collection and reflection of residents' opinions about the renewal works were more smoothly completed when mediated by artist participation and using cultural content.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 도시공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.