Egg white derived carbon materials as an efficient sulfur host for high-performance lithium-sulfur batteries and its electrochemical properties
- Reddy, B. S.; Premasudha, M.; Oh, Kwang-Moon; Reddy, N. S.; Ahn, Jou-Hyeon; Cho, Kwon-Koo
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Cheese-like carbon; Egg white; Sulfur; Lithium-sulfur batteries
- MATERIALS RESEARCH BULLETIN, v.140
- Journal Title
- MATERIALS RESEARCH BULLETIN
- Lithium-sulfur (Li-S) batteries are attractive and prominent power sources due to high theoretical capacity and the availability of sulfur at a low price. However, sulfur has limitations such as the formation of polysulfides and low conductivity. To overcome these problems, we prepared a cheese-like carbon (CLC) using a simple annealing process from an egg white. The as-prepared carbon material contains NaCl and KCl compounds. The CLC with nanoholes were formed after cleaning with distilled water and ethanol several times. The prepared CLC had a strong polysulfide capturing ability, high conductivity, a large surface area, and high catalytic activity. To prepare the CLC/S composite, sulfur was added by the melt diffusion method. CLC/S cathode material exhibited a high initial capacity of nearly 1420 mA h g(-1) at 0.1 C and excellent rate capability with a low capacity-fading rate. The present work revealed that CLC/S cathodes are potential candidate cathodes for Li-S batteries.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
- 공과대학 > 나노신소재공학부금속재료공학전공 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.