Consensus Based Parallel Operation of Electric Motors Ensuring Speed Regulation and Load Torque Sharing
- Lee, Hong-Jun; Lim, Young-Hun; Oh, Kwang-Kyo
- Issue Date
- INST CONTROL ROBOTICS & SYSTEMS, KOREAN INST ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS
- Consensus; electric motors; load torque sharing; parallel operation; speed regulation
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTROL AUTOMATION AND SYSTEMS, v.19, no.9, pp.3111 - 3121
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTROL AUTOMATION AND SYSTEMS
- Start Page
- End Page
- This paper proposes a consensus based parallel operation scheme for multiple electric motor drive systems that are collectively driving a mechanical load. It is assumed that the rotors of the motors are mechanically coupled to the common output shaft subject to load torque. The objective is to regulate speed of the output shaft while allowing the motors to share the load torque fairly. Assuming that the drive systems are able to share their own information with one another through communication, a consensus based operation scheme is proposed. It is shown that both of speed error and load torque sharing dynamics are asymptotically stable under a mild condition. Simulation and experimental results are provided to show the validity of the proposed scheme.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 융합기술공과대학 > Division of Converged Electronic Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.