Tb3+ activated Al2Y4O9 green emitting phosphors under ultraviolet and vacuum ultraviolet excitation
- Kokate, R.; Nande, Amol; Dhoble, S. J.; Reddy, N. S.; Singh, Vijay
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER GMBH
- Sol-gel; Photoluminescence; PDP; Tb3+ ions; Al2Y4O9
- OPTIK, v.242
- Journal Title
- Al2Y4-xO9:xTb3+ luminescent powder phosphors were synthesized by the sol-gel method. The prepared samples were characterized using X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, photoluminescence (PL), and CIE techniques. The microstructural and structural analyses of samples confirmed the formation of phosphors. In the PL studies, an intense peak was observed in the green region and its intensity increased with increasing Tb3+ ions concentration. Concentration quenching was observed for 0.11 mol of Tb3+ ions concentration. These results were confirmed using CIE analysis. UV-VUV studies at two excitation wavelengths confirmed the suppression of the green peak transitions with decreasing excitation wavelength (or increasing radiation energy). The results support the potential for this phosphor to be used as a single source for green light emission in display devices.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 나노신소재공학부금속재료공학전공 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.