Cyano-substituted oligo (p-phenylene vinylene)-Based supramolecular nanostructure capable of detecting a specific enzyme
- Choi, Wonjin; Kim, Ka Young; Park, Jaehyeon; Ok, Mirae; Kim, Sukyoung; Lee, Min Hyung; Jung, Jong Hwa
- Issue Date
- Oligo (p-phenylene vinylene) (OPV); NQO1; Supramolecular polymer
- JOURNAL OF LUMINESCENCE, v.237
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF LUMINESCENCE
- We report on the cyano-OPV (1) possessing a trimethyl-locked quinone group exhibited monomer and aggregate emissions with distinct colors determined by the ratio of tetrahydrofuran/water (THF/H2O), thereby suggesting a strong dependence on the polarity of the solvent. In contrast, cyano-OPV (2) possessing an amine group exhibited a yellow emission in the THF/H2O mixture, regardless of the ratio of solvents used, which is indicative of the formation of a supramolecular aggregate by pi-pi stacking and intermolecular hydrogen-bonds. This further supports the AFM and DLS observations in which 1 and 2 are shown to be comprised of spherical nanoparticles with mean diameters of similar to 300 nm. The supramolecular aggregate 2 is generated by a cooperative pathway involving a nucleation-elongation mechanism. More interestingly, 1 was converted to 2 in the presence of NQO1 and NADPH, in a mixture of THF/H2O (20:80 v/v) at 37 degrees C, which lead to the formation of the supramolecular aggregate with its characteristic yellow emission.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.