Stretchable calixarene-based gels by induction of water
- Park, Jaehyeon; Kim, Sukyoung; Lee, Shim Sung; Kim, Jong-Hyun; Park, Joung-Man; Lee, Ji Ha; Jung, Jong Hwa
- Issue Date
- crosslinking; gels; mechanical properties; rheology
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED POLYMER SCIENCE, v.138, no.42
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED POLYMER SCIENCE
- This study focused on controlling the stretching property of gels. This resilience is dependent on the water content in the calixarene-based gel solvent system, where the stretching property of gels could be controlled upon the addition of water. The storage (G ') and loss (G '') moduli of the calixarene-based gels prepared in solvent systems with different water contents were investigated via rheological measurements. By the strain sweeps, the values of G ' decreased, while tan-delta increased with water content in the solvent system. In addition, a significant changes in the G ' and G '' values were observed upon the addition of water by frequency sweeps. In particular, the decrease in the G '' value of the gel prepared from the 1,3-alternated calixarene derivative (HC4) and diisocyanate linker (HDI) in DMSO/H2O mixed solvent (8:2 v/v) was approximately 5-fold larger than that of the gel prepared in 100% DMSO. Thus, this novel approach would useful for the development of new soft materials with finely controllable mechanical properties.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.