Analysis of the rheological property and crystallization behavior of polylactic acid (Ingeo (TM) Biopolymer 4032D) at different process temperaturesopen access
- Yoo, Hyeong Min; Jeong, Su-Yeon; Choi, Sung-Woong
- Issue Date
- WALTER DE GRUYTER GMBH
- PLA; rheology; DSC; crystallization kinetics; crystallinity
- E-POLYMERS, v.21, no.1, pp.702 - 709
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The aim of this study was to determine the rheological property and crystallization behavior of polylactic acid (PLA) with improved heat resistance (IngeoT Biopolymer 4032D) through investigation of the melt viscosity and crystallization kinetics of PLA at different process temperatures. The viscosity was measured using a rotational rheometer under conditions of shear rates of 0.01, 0.1, and 1/s. The obtained rheological data show that the viscosity tended to decrease slightly as the shear rate increases and decrease sharply as the temperature increases from 180 degrees C to 210 degrees C. To investigate the effect of the process temperature on the crystallization kinetics and final crystallinity of PLA, thermal analysis using isothermal differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) were also performed. The Avrami equation was successfully applied for the isothermal crystallization kinetics model. From crystallization temperature of 85 degrees C to 120 degrees C, we found that the IngeoT Biopolymer 4032D PLA had the fastest crystallization rate (t(1/2): 26.0min) and the largest crystallinity (47.4%) at 100 degrees C.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 기계시스템공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.