Analysis of non-uniform load distribution and stiffness for a preloaded roller linear motion guide
- Cheng, De-Jun; Xu, Sheng-Hao; Kim, Su-Jin; Zhang, Sheng-Wen
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Roller linear motion guide; Contact angle; Non-uniform load distribution; Roller-raceway contact state; Energy loss; Stiffness matrix
- MECHANISM AND MACHINE THEORY, v.164
- Journal Title
- MECHANISM AND MACHINE THEORY
- The roller linear motion guide (RLMG) is a key transmission component in heavy-load me-chanical systems, and its internal non-uniform load distribution and stiffness greatly affect the stability of mechanical systems. To determine the accurate non-uniform load distri-bution and stiffness of the RLMG, a new approach is proposed by considering the vari-ations of the contact angle, roller-raceway contact state, and energy loss. The variations of the contact angle are calculated by considering the initial contact angle, preload, and block flexibility. The non-uniform load distribution of each roller is studied under various roller-raceway contact states. The energy loss is calculated according to the sliding fric-tion between contact surfaces under the loading process. Then, a new stiffness matrix is developed by modifying the energy balance equations, which are iteratively solved using the artificial bee colony algorithm. The variations of the contact angle, non-uniform load distribution, energy loss, and stiffness with external load and preload are discussed. The proposed approach is compared with other models and published experimental results. The comparison results demonstrated that the proposed approach is more precise than the other models. (c) 2021 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.