A Wideband, Quasi-Isotropic, Ambient RF Energy Harvester Combining UHF-TV and FM
- Jung, Eui Min; Lee, Wang-Sang; Vyas, Rushi J.; Tentzeris, Manos M.
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Frequency modulation; Antennas; Antenna measurements; Wireless sensor networks; Radio frequency; Phasor measurement units; Gain; Ambient RF energy harvesting; antenna; energy harvester; FM; isotropic; matching; TV; wideband; wireless sensor
- IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS, v.20, no.10, pp.1854 - 1858
- Journal Title
- IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS
- Start Page
- End Page
- This letter demonstrates, through real-world field tests, an ambient radio frequency (RF) energy-harvesting system (fabricated on low-cost FR4) capable of harvesting from all surrounding ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) TV and FM towers in all UHF-TV and FM frequencies simultaneously to perpetually power a wireless sensor node. The system achieves -10 dB matching across the entire frequency bands. The UHF-TV portion harvested as much as 231 mu W(885 mu Wfor FM). The alignment-free, channel-agnostic nature demonstrates potential for ambient RF harvesting's adaption by users outside of the RF community who are not expected to be familiar with antenna alignment and frequency selection.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.