Thermal diffusion kinetics of cesium in ceramic microcell UO2 fuels for accident-tolerant fuel
- Jeon, Sang-Chae; Kim, Dong-Joo; Kim, Dong Seok; Yang, Jae-Hwan; Moon, Kyoung-Seok
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Accident-tolerant fuel; UO2; Cesium; Diffusion couple; Diffusion coefficient
- JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.41, no.13, pp.6784 - 6788
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN CERAMIC SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- This work investigates the diffusion kinetics of cesium in ceramic microcell UO2 fuels at temperatures ranging from 650 to 1200 degrees C to predict its release behavior under actual fuel circumstances. Diffusion couples containing ceramic microcell UO2 pellets with silica-based cell wall compositions (with and without Al) were prepared and subjected to a heat treatment with abundant gaseous cesium source. From the experiment, kinetic data were obtained in the form of an Arrhenius equation: the addition of Al lowers the degree of cesium diffusivity. The favorable contribution of Al may stem from the formation of the cesium compound as a solid form of Cs-Al-Si-O. The findings here provide a diffusion model describing diffusion mechanism of cesium in the cell wall. Also, this study suggest an evaluation method that can be used in UO2 fuels with trapping agents from a kinetic standpoint.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.