Effect of Interdendritic Precipitations on the Mechanical Properties of GBF or EMS Processed Al-Zn-Mg-Cu Alloysopen access
- Park, Sangeun; Kayani, Saif Haider; Kim, Hyungrae; Jung, Im Doo; Reddy, N. S.; Euh, Kwangjun; Seol, Jae Bok; Kim, Jung Gi; Sung, Hyokyung
- Issue Date
- Al-Zn-Mg-Cu alloy; GBF process; EMS process; precipitates
- CRYSTALS, v.11, no.10
- Journal Title
- The effects of nanoprecipitations on the mechanical properties of Al-Zn-Mg-Cu alloys after GBF (gas bubbling filtration) and EMS (electromagnetic stirring) casting were investigated. Dendritic cell structures were formed after GBF processing, while globular dendritic structures were nucleated after EMS processing. Equiaxed cell sizes were smaller in the EMS-processed specimens compared to the GBF-processed specimens, confirmed by EBSD (electron backscatter diffraction) analysis. Nanoprecipitations of eta ' phases inside of dendrites were observed by TEM (transmission electron microscope), and other Fe-bearing compounds were located in the dendritic boundaries. The yield strength of the T4 and T6 heat-treated specimens was close to 400 MPa and 500 MPa, respectively. Fractographic analysis was performed to investigate the effect of precipitations on tensile fracture.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
- 공과대학 > 나노신소재공학부금속재료공학전공 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.