Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism in Unenhanced Dual Energy CT Using an Electron Density Imageopen access
- Bae, Kyungsoo; Jeon, Kyung-Nyeo
- Issue Date
- dual-energy computed tomography; pulmonary embolism; electron density; contrast media; computed tomography pulmonary angiography
- DIAGNOSTICS, v.11, no.10
- Journal Title
- Dual-energy computed tomography (CT) is a promising tool, providing both anatomical information and material properties. Using spectral information such as iodine mapping and virtual monoenergetic reconstruction, dual-energy CT showed added value over pulmonary CT angiography in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. However, the role of non-contrast-enhanced dual energy CT in pulmonary embolism has never been reported. Here, we report a case of acute pulmonary embolism detected on an electron density image from an unenhanced dual-energy CT using a dual-layer detector system.</p>
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.