Development of 1.2 GPa Ferrite-based Lightweight Steels via Low-temperature Temperingopen access저온 템퍼링을 이용한 1.2 GPa급 페라이트계 경량철강 개발
- Other Titles
- 저온 템퍼링을 이용한 1.2 GPa급 페라이트계 경량철강 개발
- Bae, Hyo Ju; Ko, Kwang Kyu; Park, Hyoung Seok; Jeong, Jae Seok; Kim, Jung Gi; Sung, Hyokyung; Seol, Jae Bok
- Issue Date
- KOREAN INST METALS MATERIALS
- ferrite-based lightweight steels; tempering; size-dependent partitioning; dislocation movement
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF METALS AND MATERIALS, v.59, no.10, pp.683 - 691
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF METALS AND MATERIALS
- Start Page
- End Page
- Previously reported low-Mn ferritic-based lightweight steels are potential candidates for industrial applications, however, they typically exhibit lower strength, with < 1 GPa and lower strength-ductility balance, than medium- and high-Mn austenitic lightweight steels. Herein, we introduce a low-temperature tempering-induced partitioning (LTP) treatment that avoids the strength-ductility dilemma of low-Mn ferritic-based steels. When the LTP process was performed at 330 degrees C for 665 s, the strength of typical ferritic base Fe-2.8Mn5.7Al0.3C (wt%) steel with heterogeneously sized metastable austenite grains embedded in a ferrite matrix, exceeded 1.1 GPa. Notably, the increased strength-ductility balance of the LTP-processed ferritic steel was comparable to that of the high-Mn based austenitic lightweight steel series. Using microscale to near-atomic scale characterization we found that the simultaneous improvement in strength and total elongation could be attributed to size-dependent dislocation movement, and controlled deformation-induced martensitic transformation.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.