Enhancement of mixing performance with anchor-type impellers via chaotic advection
- Jo, Hae Jin; Kim, Young Ju; Hwang, Wook Ryol
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Fluid mixing; Anchor impeller; Mixing performance; Asymmetric impeller; Dynamical systems
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE, v.243
- Journal Title
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE
- An asymmetric anchor impeller was proposed to improve mixing performance of anchor-type impellers by reducing unmixed regions, where materials transport is limited. Dynamical structures of various anchor-type impellers were analyzed systematically with numerical Poincare sections and flow visualiza-tion. Design parameters of basic anchor-type impellers, such as the blade width, the position and width of the support beam, and the presence of the bottom blade were investigated, along with comparison to dynamical systems formed by the standard anchor impeller. An optimal design was selected by incorpo-rating two basic type impellers having a large difference in dynamical systems. The optimal impeller was composed of two different half impellers, which was found to improve the materials transport via the streamline crossing mechanism. The total power draw required for agitation was also found a bit lower in the optimal asymmetric anchor impeller than that in the standard one. (c) 2021 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.