THE DYNAMIC RELATION BETWEEN ECONOMIC POLICY UNCERTAINTY AND STOCK MARKET VOLATILITY IN TWO COUNTRIES: UNITED STATES AND S. KOREA
- 문성주; 김대룡
- Issue Date
- The Institute for Global Business Research (IGBR)
- Global Journal of Accounting and Finance, v.5권 2호, pp.34 - 45
- Journal Title
- Global Journal of Accounting and Finance
- 5권 2호
- Start Page
- End Page
- The purpose of this paper is to examine whether investor’s awareness, risk perception, and prior investment experience have any effect on the equity investment. The study is based on primary data collected using multistage random sampling method. We apply binomial logistic regression for analysis and observe that both awareness and past experience influence equity investments. We, however, also observe that risk perception plays no role in equity investments. We propose that appropriate policy measures can enhance the awareness level and experience of the investors regarding equity investment. To increase the individual investors’ participation in the equity market, in the context of India, we propose that regulators and policy makers focus on making people experienced in this field. Government should nudge individuals by incentivizing equity market investment to increase market participation. Employers can also impart investment education to the employees to make them aware about equity investment and consequently increase equity investment.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 해양수산경영학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.