Schwannoma of the breast presenting as a painful lump A case reportopen access
- Lee, Han Shin; Jung, Eun Jung; Kim, Jae Myung; Kim, Ju Yeon; Kim, In Kyeong; Kim, Jae Ri; Kim, Tae Han; Jang, Jae Yool; Woo, Jung Woo; Lee, JinKwon; Park, Taejin; Jeong, Sang Ho; Cho, Eun; Song, Dae Hyun
- Issue Date
- LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
- breast; painful mass; schwannoma
- MEDICINE, v.100, no.49
- Journal Title
- Rationale: Schwannoma in the breast parenchyma is very unusual. It usually develops on the head, neck, and extensor surfaces of the upper and lower extremities. Patient concerns: We report a case of a 60-year-old woman with a palpable and painful mass. Clinically, she experienced neuropathic pain at the mass site. Diagnoses: The tumor was a 1 cm, well-circumscribed mass, and revealed schwannoma on core needle biopsy Interventions: The patient underwent wide excision. Outcomes: No postoperative complications were observed. A six-month follow-up revealed no recurrence Lessons subsections: Although breast schwannoma is a very rare tumor, it is a very important consideration in case of a Breast Imaging-Report and Data System 4A lesion with a painful and palpable mass.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.