A high rate and long-cycle-life anode based on micrometer-sized Pb powder for sodium-ion batteries
- Kim, Changhyeon; Kim, Huihun; Sadan, Milan K.; Jeon, Minyeong; Cho, Gyu-Bong; Nam, Tae-Hyun; Cho, Kwon-Koo; Ahn, Jou-Hyeon; Ahn, Hyo-Jun
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- Long cycle life; Sodium-ion batteries; High rate; Pb anode; Microstructure; Scanning electron microscopy
- JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS, v.886
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS
- Pb powder was investigated as an active material as anode for sodium-ion batteries. Precisely, a Pb anode comprising micrometer-sized Pb powder modified with multi-walled carbon nanotubes was fabricated. The anode showed an excellent rate capability, as well as reversible capacities of 370 mAh g-1 at 12.8 C (6208 mA g-1). In addition, the Pb anode exhibited a stable cycle life during 1000 cycles at 10 C with a high reversible capacity of 423 mAh g-1. Using electrochemical tests, scanning electron microscopy, and energydispersive X-ray spectroscopy, we revealed the origin of this excellent performance: the micrometer-sized Pb powder undergoes self-healing during cycling, resulting in fiber-like nanometer-sized Pb particles that reinforce the anode structure and provide fast electron transport pathways. (c) 2021 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.