CONSERVATIVE SEMI-LAGRANGIAN SCHEMES FOR A GENERAL CONSISTENT BGK MODEL FOR INERT GAS MIXTURES
- Cho, Seung Yeon; Boscarino, Sebastiano; Groppi, Maria; Russo, Giovanni
- Issue Date
- INT PRESS BOSTON, INC
- BGK models for gas mixtures; Semi-Lagrangian methods; High order numerical schemes
- COMMUNICATIONS IN MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES, v.20, no.3, pp.695 - 725
- Journal Title
- COMMUNICATIONS IN MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this work, we propose a class of high order semi-Lagrangian scheme for a general consistent BGK model for inert gas mixtures. The proposed scheme not only fulfills indifferentiability principle, but also asymptotic preserving property, which allows us to capture the behaviors of hydrodynamic limit models. We consider two hydrodynamic closures which can be derived from the BGK model at leading order: classical Euler equations for number densities, global velocity and temperature, and a multi-velocities and temperatures Euler system. Numerical simulations are performed to demonstrate indifferentiability principle and asymptotic preserving property of the proposed conservative semi-Lagrangian scheme to the Euler limits.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 수학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.