Ultrasonographic diagnosis of calcifying tendinopathy of the biceps brachii in a Doberman Pinscher dog: a case reportopen access
- Han, C.; Kim, A.R.; Hwang, G.; Kim, R.; Go, W.; Lee, J.Y.; Lee, J.; An, S.; Hwang, T.S.; Lee, H.C.
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Veterinary Science
- biceps; calcifying; dogs; tendinopathy; ultrasonography
- Korean Journal of Veterinary Research, v.62, no.1
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Veterinary Research
- A 10-year-old, spayed female, Doberman Pinscher dog presented with right forelimb lameness. On physical examination, painful reaction and crepitation were present at the right shoulder. Radiographic evaluation of the shoulder revealed nothing remarkable. On the ultrasonography of the right shoulder joint, 2 small echogenic masses accompanied by reverberation artifacts were observed in the right biceps tendon near its origin at the supraglenoid tuberosity. Based on these findings, we suspected biceps calcifying tendinopathy. Clinical signs resolved intermittently after administration of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. This study described the ultrasonographic findings of calcifying biceps brachii tendinopathy which is an unusual finding in dogs. ? 2022 The Korean Society of Veterinary Science.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.