Application and effects of needle-free intradermal injection in pigsApplication and effects of needle-free intradermal injection in pigs
- Other Titles
- Application and effects of needle-free intradermal injection in pigs
- 박광일; 장기은; 김석; 이후장
- Issue Date
- Needle-free intradermal injection; prevention of vaccine side effects; reduction of vaccine costs; stress relief; improvement of work efficiency
- 예방수의학회지, v.46, no.2, pp.94 - 99
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Based on many previous studies, this study reviewed the effects of needle-free intradermal injection (NFI) on the prevention of the incidence of lesions at the injection site in pork from pigs vaccinated with the foot-and-mouth disease vaccine, the reduction of the vaccine dose, the stress-relief of vaccination, and the reduction of farm worker-related injuries.
The vaccine and drugs injected with the NFI pass through the tissue and are widely dispersed along the path of least resistance, resulting in a vastly dispersed, spider-web-like distribution of the medication and absorbed quickly. In addition, since NFI is inoculated into the dermal layer where immune cells are abundantly distributed, even a small amount of vaccination shows an antibody-forming effect similar to that of the conventional needle intramuscular injection. NFI is a method suitable for animal welfare because the vaccine or drug is widely dispersed over the inoculation site and causes less pain or stress than the needle intramuscular injection. Use of NFI system for the vaccination and drug delivery improves work efficiency in farms and reduces the incidence of musculoskeletal disorders in farm workers. In the future, it is judged that in-depth studies are needed on the effect of improving productivity and reducing the dose of antibiotics through NFI.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.