Grid Cell-based Algorithm for Workspace Overlapping Analysis Considering Multiple Allocations of Construction Resourcesopen access
- Moon, Hyounseok; Kamat, Vineet R.; Kang, Leenseok
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- Bounding box; Workspace overlapping; Grid cell-based algorithm; 4D CAD; BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- JOURNAL OF ASIAN ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING ENGINEERING, v.13, no.2, pp.341 - 348
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ASIAN ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING ENGINEERING
- Start Page
- End Page
- When multiple workspaces for resources are allocated within a narrow work area, the constructability of work may deteriorate based on the conflicts that occur due to the mutual adjacency levels between the workspaces. In this situation, the identification of the workspace overlapping status is essential for establishing the optimized layout planning of workspaces. However, current 3D environments consider only physical collision and reaction by the cross verification of geometric properties to detect collisions between 3D objects. Thus, the configuration of methodology to visually check the overlapping level of workspaces with conflicting status is insufficient for a successful interference management. This study develops a new grid cell-based analysis algorithm and its 4D simulation system for visually verifying the workspace overlapping of dynamic resources to be allocated multiply within a confined area, such as a tunnel or underground facility. The proposed algorithm and system can assist in the intensive management of activities that have a high level of workspace overlap by visualizing their overlapping level.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Civil Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.