Rapid alloying of Au-Pd nanospheres by a facile pulsed laser technique: Insights into a molar-dependent electrocatalytic methanol oxidation reaction
- Yeon, Sanghun; Lee, Seung Jun; Chinnadurai, Deviprasath; Yu, Yiseul; Lee, Young Wook; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- pulsed laser irradiation; Au-Pd alloy; electrocatalyst; methanol oxidation reaction
- JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS, v.891
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS
- Direct methanol fuel cells have attracted extensive research interest because of their relatively high energy density and portability. It is important to rationally design the composition and surface atomic structure by efficient synthesis protocols to boost cell efficiency. In this study, we employed cohesive pulsed laser irradiation and ultrasonochemical techniques to synthesize and tune the molar ratio of an Au-Pd alloy for the methanol oxidation reaction (MOR). The effective implementation of extremely rapid photoinduced reduction and reaction conditions resulted in the formation of well-dispersed and homogenous nanospheres of the Au-Pd alloy with uniform particle size. Moreover, the composition-tuned Au-Pd alloy exhibited an improved electrocatalytic activity, which might be due to its improved electrical conductivity and higher CO tolerance. The alloy achieved relatively high mass and specific activities of 0.50 A/mg(Pd) and 1.36 mA/cm(Pd)(2), respectively. Additionally, we studied the effect of the Au-Pd composition on the MOR activity and analyzed the reaction kinetics in depth. This work provides the foundation for implementing a laser-based technique to synthesize Pd-based alloy electrocatalysts for MOR application. (C) 2021 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
- 사범대학 > 화학교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.