Overlapping Pure LIVS Jr. Stents for Isolated Ruptured Dissecting Aneurysm of the Proximal Posterior Inferior Cerebellar Arteryopen access
- Lim, Sungdae; Lee, Kwangho; Park, Hyun; Heo, Won; Hwang, Soo-Hyun
- Issue Date
- PICA; dissecting aneurysm; endovascular; subarachnoid hemorrhage; LIVS Jr
- MEDICINA-LITHUANIA, v.58, no.2
- Journal Title
- We report our experience in treating a ruptured dissecting posterior inferior cerebellar artery (PICA) aneurysm. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of overlapping stenting without coils for a ruptured dissecting aneurysm of the proximal PICA. A 66-year-old male patient presented with sudden altered mental state and a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). The cerebral angiography revealed a long segmental dissecting aneurysm on proximal PICA. Overlapping stents were deployed to the dissecting site, and angiogram showed intact distal PICA flow and decreased contrast staining in the dissecting site. Successful flow diversion was achieved with stents. Procedure-associated complications did not occur. The patient's postoperative course was uneventful. In follow-up cerebral angiography, dissecting aneurysm achieved complete remodeling. The decision that led to the choice of treatment is discussed.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.