2-Methoxy-6-Acetyl-7-Methyljuglone: A Bioactive Phytochemical with Potential Pharmacological Activities
- Khalil, Atif Ali Khan; Qazi, Asma Saleem; Nasir, Abdul; Ahn, Mi-Jeong; Shah, Muhammad Ajmal; Ahmad, Muhammad Saad; Sajjad, Wasim; Ali, Tahir; Naeem, Muhammad; Shah, Fawad Ali; Khan, Muhammad Tufail Ahmed; Romman, Muhammad; Rehman, Shahfiq Ur; Haider, Adnan; Noor, Raishma
- Issue Date
- BENTHAM SCIENCE PUBL LTD
- 2-Methoxy-6-acetyl-7-methyljuglone; antioxidant; anticancer; anti-inflammatory; antibacterial; MAPK
- ANTI-CANCER AGENTS IN MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY, v.22, no.4, pp.687 - 693
- Journal Title
- ANTI-CANCER AGENTS IN MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Natural products have been the focus of biomedical and pharmaceutical research to develop new therapies in recent years. 2-methoxy-6-acetyl-7-methyljuglone (2-methoxystypandrone, MAM) a natural bioactive juglone derivative, is known to have various levels of pharmacotherapeutic efficacies as an anti-inflammatory, anticancer, antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-HIV activities. MAM fights cancer progression by inducing apoptosis, necroptosis and deregulating signaling pathways through H2O2-induced JNK/iNOS/NO and MAPK, ERK1/2 pathways, JNK activation, and the RIP1/RIP3 complex. In this review, we summarize the pharmacological importance of MAM in the field of drug discovery. Furthermore, this review not only emphasizes the medicinal properties of MAM, but also discusses its potential efficacy in future medicinal products.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.