Novel approach for the synthesis and recovery of lithium carbonate using a pulsed laser irradiation technique
- Naik, Shreyanka Shankar; Lee, Seung Jun; Yu, Yiseul; Al-Mohaimeed, Amal M.; Theerthagiri, Jayaraman; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- Pulsed laser irradiation; Lithium recovery; LIBs; Li2CO3
- MATERIALS LETTERS, v.308
- Journal Title
- MATERIALS LETTERS
- Herein, a high crystalline lithium carbonate (Li2CO3) has been synthesized via a novel approach using pulsed laser irradiation (PLI) technique without any usage of precipitating agents. The reaction of lithium and carbonate precursor forms Li2CO3 with the aid of laser beam in an aqueous medium. A monoclinic phase of Li2CO3 was confirmed through XRD analysis. Further, the vibrational modes, surface morphology, and elemental analysis were obtained by micro-Raman, FE-SEM, and EDS mapping analyses. The systematic analytical characterization supports in providing the evidence of high purity Li2CO3 formation and robust synthetic route. Our approach is capable of producing crystalline Li2CO3 rapidly in the absence of additional chemical reagents, which can work efficiently for lithium recovery from the real sample containing Li-source.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.