Electrohydrodynamic-Jet-Printed Phthalimide-Derived Conjugated Polymers for Organic Field-Effect Transistors and Logic Gates
- Li, Zhijun; Jeong, Yong Jin; Hong, Jisu; Kwon, Hyeok-jin; Ye, Heqing; Wang, Rixuan; Choi, Hyun Ho; Kong, Hoyoul; Hwang, Hyeongjin; Kim, Se Hyun; Tang, Xiaowu
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- electrohydrodynamic jet printing; organic field-effect transistor; logic device; polymer semiconductor; benzodithiophene-based conjugated polymer; phthalimide-based conjugated polymer
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.14, no.5, pp.7073 - 7081
- Journal Title
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES
- Start Page
- End Page
- A pi-conjugated polymer semiconductor, PBDTTTffPI, was synthesized for use as an organic semiconductor suitable for electrohydrodynamic (EHD) jet printing technology. Bulky alkylation of the polymer gave PBDTTTffPI good solubility in several organic solvents. EHD jet printing using PBDTTTffPI ink produced direct patterns of polymer semiconductors while maintaining smooth surface morphologies and crystal structures similar to those of spin-coated PBDTTTffPI films. EHD-jet-printed PBDTTTffPI was appropriate for use as a semiconductor layer in organic field-effect transistors (OFETs) and logic gates. OFETs that used EHD-jet-printed PBDTTTffPI had better electrical characteristics than devices that used spin-coated semiconductor films. When a dielectric material (Al2O3) with a high dielectric constant was introduced, the jet-printed PBDTTTffPI operated well at low voltages. Integrated devices such as inverters, NAND gates, and NOR gates were fabricated by printing PBDTTTffPI patterns and showed good switching behaviors. Therefore, the use of printable PBDTTTffPI provides an advance toward fabrication of practical integrated arrays in next-generation devices.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.