Low cycle fatigue behavior of Inconel 706 at 650 degrees Copen access
- Oh, Hojun; Kim, Soyoung; Kim, Jung Gi; Taleghani, Firooz; Kim, Sangshik
- Issue Date
- Inconel 706; Low cycle fatigue; Elevated temperature; Aging
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY-JMR&T, v.17, pp.2624 - 2635
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY-JMR&T
- Start Page
- End Page
- Low cycle fatigue (LCF) behavior of 2- and 3-step-aged Inconel 706 (IN706) specimens that were prepared from the center and the periphery of forged disc was examined at 650 degrees C and an R ratio of -1. The resistance to LCF of IN706 alloy was greater in approximately half order at 650 degrees C than that of IN718 alloy for the same aging condition. Elevated temperature Coffin-Manson relationship between 2- and 3-step-aged IN706 specimens was similar with each other, despite a considerable difference in microstructure. The fractographic analysis suggested that cluster of carbides provided the sites for crack initiation for both 2- and 3-step-aged specimens. The mode of fatigue crack growth for each specimen was intergranular and transgranular, but with different magnitude for each mode. Depending on the location of specimen preparation form the forged block of IN706 alloy, no notable difference in LCF resistance was found. The role of grain boundaries, clusters of carbides and bands of acicular eta platelets on the initiation and propagation mechanism of IN706 alloy was discussed based on detailed fractographic and micrographic analyses. (C) 2022 The Author(s). Published by Elsevier B.V.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.