High-Speed Spiral Bevel GEAR Dynamic Rules Considering the Impact of Web Thicknesses and Anglesopen access
- Hou, Xiangying; Qiu, Linyue; Zhang, Yuzhe; Li, Zhengminqing; Zhu, Rupeng; Lyu, Sung-Ki
- Issue Date
- spiral bevel gear; vector form intrinsic finite element method; high-speed dynamics; web thicknesses and angles
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL, v.12, no.6
- Journal Title
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL
- Gear transmission system dynamic responses under high-speed and heavy-duty working conditions were obviously affected by support structures, especially in lightweight design. However, web thicknesses and angles were usually ignored in dynamic modeling process. Therefore, a full mesh model with web structure was built and its dynamic characteristics were analyzed by a modified vector form intrinsic finite element (VFIFE), which is proposed to solve high-speed dynamic problems with good efficiency. For spiral bevel gear pair dynamic characteristics, the impacts of web thicknesses and angles were simulated and discussed. Simulation results showed that web support angles will affect gear meshing performance and dynamic characteristics more remarkable than web thickness did. In addition, the good performance of the proposed modified VFIFE method was proved, which showed good computing efficiency.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.