Evolution of space-like curves and special time-like ruled surfaces in the Minkowski space
- Yoon, D. W.; Yuzbasi, Z. Kucukarslan; Aslan, E. Cavlak
- Issue Date
- INDIAN ASSOC CULTIVATION SCIENCE
- Curve evolution; Surface evolution; Ruled surface; Bell-shaped soliton; Kink soliton; Minkowski space
- INDIAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICS, v.96, no.4, pp.995 - 999
- Journal Title
- INDIAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this paper, we get the time evolution equations of the curvature and the torsion of a space-like curve in the three-dimensional Minkowski space. Also, we give inextensible evolutions of a time-like ruled surface that is produced by a time-like normal vector and a space-like binormal vector of a space-like curve and derive the necessary conditions for an inelastic surface evolution. As a result, we give applications of the time evolution equations for the curvature and the torsion of the space-like curve in terms of the velocities and get the exact solutions for these equations.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 수학교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.