Development of the evaluation model for national innovation capability
- Jeon, Jeonghwan; Geetha, Selvaraj; Kang, Deakook; Narayanamoorthy, Samayan
- Issue Date
- ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- National innovation capability; evaluation model; CaRBS; Dempster& #8211; Shafer theory
- TECHNOLOGY ANALYSIS & STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT, v.34, no.3, pp.335 - 348
- Journal Title
- TECHNOLOGY ANALYSIS & STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- Start Page
- End Page
- Science and technology has become a key element in determining the future of national innovation competitiveness. For enhancing the national technology innovation competitiveness, an accurate assessment of the national technology innovation capability is required. National innovation competitiveness has been assessed by the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) and the World Economic Forum internationally; however, a comprehensive and systematic analysis is lacking. Classification and ranking belief simplex (CaRBS) is based on the Dempster-Shafer theory of evidence, which allows for a measure of ignorance. A simplex plot method of representing data allows a clear visual representation to the degree of interaction of the support from the variables to the prediction of the objects. To illustrate the proposed approach, CaRBS is applied to the survey data from OECD, IMD, USPTO, ITU and surveyed data reported by the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Evaluation and Planning. As a result, Finland is the highest national innovation capability country among 20 OECD countries. The proposed approach is expected to be useful for evaluating national innovation capability and innovation policymaking.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.