Dosimetric properties of plasma density effects on laser-accelerated VHEE beams using a sharp density-transition scheme
- Yoo, Seung Hoon; Min, Byung Jun; Cho, Sungho; Kim, Eun Ho; Park, Jeong Hoon; Jung, Won-Gyun; Kim, Geun Beom; Kim, Kum Bae; Kim, Jaehoon; Jeong, Hojin; Lee, Kitae; Park, Sung Yong
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- Laser Accelerated electron-Plasma density-Dosimetric property
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.70, no.1, pp.66 - 74
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this paper, the effects of the plasma density on laser-accelerated electron beams for radiation therapy with a sharp density transition are investigated. In the sharp density-transition scheme for electron injection, the crucial issue is finding the optimum density conditions under which electrons injected only during the first period of the laser wake wave are accelerated further. In this paper, we report particle-in-cell simulation results for the effects of both the scale length and the densitytransition ratio on the generation of a quasi-mono-energetic electron bunch. The effects of both the transverse parabolic channel and the plasma length on the electron-beam's quality are investigated. Also, we show the experimental results for the feasibility of a sharp density-transition structure. The dosimetric properties of these very high-energy electron beams are calculated using Monte Carlo simulations.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.