Effect of Gleditsia sinensis Lam. Extract on Physico-Chemical Properties of Emulsion-Type Pork Sausagesopen access
- Jin, Sang-Keun; Yang, Han-Sul; Choi, Jung-Seok
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC FOOD SCIENCE ANIMAL RESOURCES
- Gleditsia sinensis Lam.; physical properties; DPPH radical scavenging activity; anti-microbial activity
- KOREAN JOURNAL FOR FOOD SCIENCE OF ANIMAL RESOURCES, v.37, no.2, pp.274 - 287
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL FOR FOOD SCIENCE OF ANIMAL RESOURCES
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study was performed to investigate the effect of Gleditsia sinensis Lam. extract on the physicochemical properties of emulsion-type pork sausages during storage at 10 degrees C for 4 wk. Treatments were as follows: (C, control; T1, sodium ascorbate 0.05%; T2, Gleditsia sinensis Lam. 0.05%; T3, Gleditsia sinensis Lam. 0.1%; T4, Gleditsia sinensis Lam. 0.2%; T5, Gleditsia sinensis Lam. 0.1% + sodium ascorbate 0.05%). The values of pH, moisture content, lightness, redness, and sensory attributes were all significantly decreased, while the yellowness, chroma, hue angle, and texture properties were increased during storage with increase of the Gleditsia sinensis Lam. extract added. In addition, the antioxidant activity and antimicrobial activity in the sausages displayed significant increases (p<0.05). Therefore, although it was concluded that the addition of Gleditsia sinensis Lam. extract is not effective for improvement of the physical properties compared to chemical additives in sausages, it could be applied to meat products as a natural preservatives.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 축산과학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.