Enhanced thermoelectric performance of defect engineered monolayer graphene
- Kim, Woochang; Lee, Wonseok; Lee, Seung-Mo; Kim, Duckjong; Park, Jinsung
- Issue Date
- IOP Publishing Ltd
- graphene; defect engineering; thermoelectric figure of merit; thermoelectric property measurement
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.33, no.17
- Journal Title
- We propose a method of improving the thermoelectric properties of graphene using defect engineering through plasma irradiation and atomic layer deposition (ALD). We intentionally created atomic blemishes in graphene by oxygen plasma treatment and subsequently healed the atomistically defective places using Pt-ALD. After healing, the thermal conductivity of the initially defective graphene increased slightly, while the electrical conductivity and the square of the Seebeck coefficient increased pronouncedly. The thermoelectric figure of merit of the Pt-ALD treated graphene was measured to be over 4.8 times higher than the values reported in the literature. We expect that our study could provide a useful guideline for the development of graphene-based thermoelectric devices.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.