Convergence estimates of a semi-Lagrangian scheme for the ellipsoidal BGK model for polyatomic moleculesopen access
- Boscarino, Sebastiano; Cho, Seung Yeon; Russo, Giovanni; Yun, Seok-Bae
- Issue Date
- EDP SCIENCES S A
- Polyatomic ellipsoidal BGK model; Boltzmann equation; semi-Lagrangian scheme; error estimate; kinetic theory of gases
- ESAIM-MATHEMATICAL MODELLING AND NUMERICAL ANALYSIS, v.56, no.3, pp.893 - 942
- Journal Title
- ESAIM-MATHEMATICAL MODELLING AND NUMERICAL ANALYSIS
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this paper, we propose a new semi-Lagrangian scheme for the polyatomic ellipsoidal BGK model. In order to avoid time step restrictions coming from convection term and small Knudsen number, we combine a semi-Lagrangian approach for the convection term with an implicit treatment for the relaxation term. We show how to explicitly solve the implicit step, thus obtaining an efficient and stable scheme for any Knudsen number. We also derive an explicit error estimate on the convergence of the proposed scheme for every fixed value of the Knudsen number.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 수학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.