Influence of an Amide-Functionalized Monomeric Unit on the Morphology and Electronic Properties of Non-Fullerene Polymer Solar Cells
- Shome, Sanchari; Li Yifan; Shin, Hee Jeong; Chen, Shuao; Lim, Dae-Hee; Kwon, Soon-Ki; Ko, Seo-Jin; Ak, Metin; Kang, Dong-Won; Lee, Bo Ram; Kim, Yun-Hi; Choi, Hyosung
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC PRECISION ENG
- N; N-dimethylthiophene-3-carboxamide; Dipolar interaction; Non-fullerene acceptor; Polymer solar cells
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRECISION ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING-GREEN TECHNOLOGY, v.9, no.3, pp.817 - 826
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRECISION ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING-GREEN TECHNOLOGY
- Start Page
- End Page
- A straightforward competent strategy to attune the solid-state morphology, opto-electronic and photovoltaic properties of conjugated co-polymers has been studied by inserting different percentages of N,N-dimethylthiophene-3-carboxamide (TDM) monomeric units. The TDM percentage was varied from 20 to 100%, resulting in widening of the energy band gap. Fabrication of solar cells was performed with ITIC-4F as an electron acceptor to accomplish power conversion efficiencies (PCEs) of 7.8% for P4 (minimum TDM) and 0.85% for P1 (maximum TDM) under a thermal tempering process. A drastic drop in the PCE was noted with increasing percentage of TDM which agrees well with the optical, electronic, and morphological studies. Morphological analysis revealed high crystallinity for P4:ITIC-4F blend having minimum percentage of TDM units compared to its counterparts of higher TDM percentages. A sharp increase in pi-pi stacking is seen with reduced percentage of TDM units, leading to d spacing of 3.6 angstrom. Detailed investigations regarding the charge carrier transport in relation to the pi-pi stacking of the polymeric film are well implemented in this work.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.