Involvement of Motor and Sensory Fibers of the Ulnar Nerve according to the Severity of Work-Related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome among Orchardistsopen accessInvolvement of Motor and Sensory Fibers of the Ulnar Nerve according to the Severity of Work-Related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome among Orchardists
- Other Titles
- Involvement of Motor and Sensory Fibers of the Ulnar Nerve according to the Severity of Work-Related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome among Orchardists
- 조홍식; 천세웅; 이은신; 윤철호; 신희석; 이창한
- Issue Date
- carpal tunnel syndrome; electrodiagnostic test; orchardists; ulnar neuropathy; work-related carpal tunnel syndrome
- 대한근전도 전기진단의학회지, v.20, no.1, pp.14 - 21
- Journal Title
- 대한근전도 전기진단의학회지
- Start Page
- End Page
- Objective: To elucidate the involvement of motor and sensory fibers of the ulnar nerve in cases of work-related carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) among orchardists and to determine the association between the severity of work-related CTS and ulnar neuropathy (UN).
Method: 1,594 hands of 797 subjects were underwent electrodiagnostic (EDX) tests for median and ulnar nerves. Subjects were classified into three groups: non-CTS, non-UN+CTS, and UN+CTS group. The CTS group was classified into subgroups of CTS severity.
Results: Significant differences were found in the conduction parameters of median and ulnar nerves (p < 0.001) among the three groups. Comparison of the mean values of non-CTS group and subgroups of CTS severity also showed significant differences in the conduction parameters of ulnar nerve (p < 0.05). In addition, the severity of CTS showed significant correlations with conduction parameters of the ulnar nerve (p < 0.05).
Conclusion: Based on the severity of work-related CTS, we suggest that the pathological processes leading to CTS may affect the motor and sensory fibers of the ulnar nerve.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.