Residential Characteristics as Factors Related to Healthy Behavior Practices-Decision Tree Model Analysis Using a Community Health Survey from Koreaopen access
- Seo, Ae-Rim; Park, Ki-Soo
- Issue Date
- healthy behaviors; residential characteristics; decision tree
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH, v.19, no.12
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH
- In this study, we sought to identify relevant factors in healthy behavior practices, including not only individual-level variables but also regional and physical environments. Data from the Korea Community Health Survey (KCHS) of Gyeongsangnam-do in 2018 were used, with data from 16,519 of the 17,947 individuals (excluding 1428 individuals who had missing values) who participated in the survey. Healthy behavior practices were defined as meeting the criteria for all three modifiable healthy behaviors (non-smoking, moderate alcohol consumption, regular walking). A decision tree analysis was performed. In men, healthy behavior practices were lower in the unemployed population, in those aged 40-50 years, living in rural residential areas, and with stress. For women who lived in areas with small populations (<100,000 population), healthy behavior practices were below-average. Men and women who had below-average healthy behavior practices reported poor access to places for exercise and fair or poor self-rated health statuses. It is necessary to implement a health behavior practice intervention that considers not only individual characteristics but also access to local exercise facilities and residential area characteristics (urban, rural). Since age is an important variable in healthy behaviors for both men and women, customized programs that consider age should be provided.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.