A Study on the Evaluation of Titanium Coating Characteristics according to Deposition Pressure
- Kim, Do Hyeon; Yang, Jin Ho; Kim, Hyun Ji; Noh, Jung Pil; Huh, Sun Chul
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
- Wear Properties; Deposition Condition; Titanium Thin Film; Adhesion Strength
- TRANSACTIONS OF THE KOREAN SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS A, v.46, no.6, pp.575 - 581
- Journal Title
- TRANSACTIONS OF THE KOREAN SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS A
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study aims to deposit titanium coating on an AL7075-T7351 alloy material using a DC magnetron sputtering method to improve wear resistance and apply it to the aircraft application field as a coating material. After titanium thin film deposition, tests of friction coefficient, wear loss, hardness, and adhesion strength of the film were performed. Consequently, the friction coefficient and abrasion loss adhesive strength characteristics were excellent under the deposition time of 90 min and pressure of 2 mTorr. When depositing a titanium thin film, wear resistance significantly varied depending on process conditions. Coating with titanium increased hardness compared to that of substrate materials and improved adhesion strength compared to that of base materials.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 스마트자동화공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.