Enhanced Mechanical and Helical Properties with Achiral Calixarene in a Co-Assembled Hydrogel with a Helical Structure
- Choi, Heekyoung; Seo, Hyowon; Go, Misun; Lee, Shim Sung; Jung, Jong Hwa
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- Chirality; Co-assembly; Helical structures; Mechanical properties; Supramolecular chemistry
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v.2018, no.2, pp.219 - 222
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- Start Page
- End Page
- A mixture of the building blocks 1A and 2G, featuring d-alanine moieties and glycine-functionalized calixarene moieties, respectively, formed a co-assembled hydrogel. In particular, the remarkable enhancement of helical intensity of co-assembled gel was controlled by achiral calixarene 2G, which was attributed to the bridging effect between 1A and 2G, similar to a helical structure. Furthermore, the improvement of the mechanical strength (G and G values) of the co-assembled hydrogel prepared with 1.0 equivalent of 2G were around 7000% and 4400% stronger, respectively, compared to the gel prepared from the 0.25 equivalents of 2G. The improved mechanical strength was attributed to the formation of a network structure with a H-bonding interaction between 1A and 2G. The results indicate that the enhanced helical and mechanical strength of the co-assembled gel could be controlled by achiral component 2G.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.