Voratins A-C: Pyridinium Alkaloids from the Marine Dinoflagellate Effrenium voratum with Inhibitory Effects on Biomarkers for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Lee, Hangy; Moon, Seung Joo; Du Yoo, Yeong; Jeong, Eun Ju; Rho, Jung-Rae
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS, v.85, no.6, pp.1495 - 1502
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS
- Start Page
- End Page
- Three voratin compounds (1-3) were isolated from the symbiotic marine dinoflagellate Effrenium voratum. The planar structures of 1-3 were determined by 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopy and HRESIMS, and the relative and absolute configurations were established using ROESY correlations, Mosher's method, and quantum calculations. All of the compounds are zwitterionic and contain a dihydroindolizinium ring and a spiroketal moiety. Compounds 1-3 were found to exhibit therapeutic effects against benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), as evaluated using testosterone propionate-treated LNCap and RWPE-1 human prostate cells. This excellent activity suggests that 1-3 are promising for the development of BPH treatments.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 항노화신소재과학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.