A mobile traffic load prediction based on recurrent neural network: A case of telecommunication in Afghanistanopen access
- Ahmadzai, Fazel Haq; Lee, Woongsup
- Issue Date
- ELECTRONICS LETTERS, v.58, no.14, pp.563 - 565
- Journal Title
- ELECTRONICS LETTERS
- Start Page
- End Page
- This paper investigates the prediction of mobile traffic load based on four variants of recurrent neural networks, which are the simple long short-term memory (LSTM), stacked LSTM, gated recurrent unit (GRU) and bidirectional LSTM. In the considered schemes, the mobile traffic load of 15 min ahead of time is estimated based on the previous mobile traffic load data. The performance of the proposed scheme is verified using realistic traffic load data collected from the base station located in Kabul city, Afghanistan, which belongs to the SALAAM telecommunication operator during December 2020 and January 2021. Through performance evaluation, the authors confirm that the traffic load can be predicted with high accuracy using considered schemes and the GRU-based scheme outperforms other schemes in terms of accuracy.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 지능형통신공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.